Embracing a diverse partnership in a collaborative fashion is a governing rule of the Southern Rockies Seed Network. Also integral to achieving our mission, vision, and goals are our values—the distinguishing attributes that characterize how we conduct ourselves in our drive for tangible, lasting results:
We will meet the highest ethical and professional standards in all of our organizational endeavors and, in doing so, we hold ourselves accountable to our mission and to the public.
- Be honest at all times
- Be accountable to each other, to the mission, to our donors, members, partners, and to the public
- Earn trust by building relationships, being competent, and following through on all of our commitments
Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures
Enduring restoration success depends on the active involvement of people and partners whose lives and livelihoods are linked to the natural systems we seek to restore. We respect the needs, values and traditions of local communities and cultures, and we forge relationships based on mutual benefit and trust.
- Demonstrate respect by committing to local, on the ground involvement with people, communities and cultures
- Treat our partners and colleagues with fairness and honesty
- Work collaboratively with all sectors of society, including indigenous people, to develop practical conservation solutions.
- Reinvest in local communities (consulting teams, local community groups, suppliers, etc.) in a way that supports sustainability at the local level.
Commitment to Diversity
We recognize that restoration is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and cultures. We will recruit and mentor staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character.
- Respect and be open to a variety of viewpoints and diversity of thought
- Work in an environment that encourages each of us to achieve our potential and values the contributions of all
- Expand and strengthen the diversity of our workforce, trustee base, and board
Tangible, Lasting Results
We use the best available science, a creative spirit, and a non-confrontational approach to craft innovative solutions to complex restoration challenges at scales that matter and in ways that will endure.
- Develop, analyze and use the best available conservation and restoration science and a science-based rigor to set priorities, make decisions, take action, and measure results
- Focus on long-term results at every step of planning, design, implementation, and monitoring.
- Use a creative spirit and original thought in the pursuit of excellence
- Conduct our business in an environmentally sensitive manner
Growth through Empowerment
Recognizing the value of personal growth to developing a conservation and restoration culture, we provide opportunities at all levels of the organization, among our partners, and for those who volunteer or work with SRSN to take responsibility for those mission- centered programs, objectives, and tasks that fulfill them. Empower others to become restoration experts, and ultimately build their own path.
- Value and reward independent thought in the pursuit of excellence
- Provide real opportunities for personal growth
- Hold staff, partners, and volunteers accountable for results
Integrate effective education throughout each of the primary services in order to enhance the public’s understanding of ecological principles and values, and the importance of restoration in the conservation of those values.